Monday, May 10, 2021

Melt-in-your-mouth-moist-chicken-tenders-in-lemon-butter-cream-sauce-gluten-free-organic EASY Recipe!

Ok, that title might be a bit overkill, but the recipe is super easy and can be easily done with all organic ingredients AND no flour was harmed in the making AND everyone in the family likes it (as rare as a Quagga - see HERE ). But just as it has been recently found that some animals thought extinct are not quite extinct, I have found that I can actually cook a decent meal that is both healthy and tasty without having to learn any cooking skills (as I am sure you know, I am NOT fond of cooking - baking, yeah, ok, somewhat like it but regular day-to-day cooking I find just a pain necessity). So here goes my version: 
1 - Melt 1 Stick Butter in skillet slowly 
2 - While butter melts, cut and squeeze 1 Large Lemon into cup 
3 - Generously season 1 Lb. Chicken Tender Cutlets with Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and Ground Paprika 
4 - Saute cutlets on Medium High in butter until browned on both sides, adding Minced Garlic (to taste) and 1/2 tsp or so of Thyme to butter
5 - Add 1 Cup Chicken Broth and 1/4 cup cream (I had none on hand so just used 1/3 cup milk and simmered a bit longer) along with lemon juice and simmer slowly until done. Serve over or with rice, add a broccoli raisin or seven layer or tomato cucumber salad (my favs) and dinner is done. No children yelled at, no hungry hubbies, no stress over not knowing the difference between a carving knife and a paring knife.........

No comments:

Quotes

“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
-Calvin Trillin

Recipe: A series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don't own, to make a dish the dog wouldn't eat.
~Author Unknown

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow